X-rays are used by dentists to detect decay and damage in your smile. X-rays can detect problems that are not visible during a dental exam. Dr. Michael B. Wilhite will determine how often to take X-rays of your teeth depending on your age, oral health, risk for disease, and any signs and symptoms of oral disease. Digital X-rays are a recent development in the dental industry. The use of digital X-rays, or digital imaging, has several benefits:
- This technique uses less radiation
- There is no wait time for the X-rays to develop—the images are available on screen after only a few seconds
- The image can be enhanced and enlarged
- Images can be sent to another dentist or specialist
- Current images can be compared to previous ones and everything that is the same is taken out of the image—this helps our dentist easily see the tiniest changes in your smile
During your next dental checkup, Dr. Michael B. Wilhite may decide to use digital imaging in Davidson, North Carolina. We welcome you to contact Davidson Cosmetic & Family Dentistry today to learn more about digital X-rays and to schedule your next appointment with our dentist. Our team is happy to answer your questions, and we look forward to seeing you!