Ensuring your oral health requires more than just looking into your mouth. At Davidson Cosmetic & Family Dentistry, our dentist and team use intraoral photos in Davidson, North Carolina, to assist in our commitment to providing you with excellent dental care. Intraoral photos are taken from several angles and varying distances so that we can get a complete idea of your smile and what care you need. Call 704.987.2277 today to learn more or schedule an appointment with Dr. Michael B. Wilhite!
Reasons we take dental photographs are:
- 1. Diagnosis and treatment planning: Intraoral photos help our dentist decide on the best options for repairing or restoring your smile. They also allow us to record your progress and make sure your treatment is going as planned.
- 2. Enhanced patient education and communication: We can share these photos with you so that you can better understand your treatment options and our recommendations. Helping you make the best decision for your oral health is of utmost importance to us.
- 3. Insurance verification: Intraoral photos are sometimes required by insurance providers before they will cover particular procedures or treatments.
- 4. Specialist consultation/referral: If your unique case needs to be addressed by a specialist, we can send intraoral photos in a referral so that the specialist can become acquainted with your needs before you even visit them. This can save valuable time.
- 5. Laboratory communication: Dental labs often use intraoral photos to ensure fabricated restorations match the color, shade, and appearance of your other teeth. We provide color-corrected photographs to labs so that your restorations can look exactly the way you need them to.
- 6. Professional advertising/marketing: Before and after photos often serve as wonderful motivation for other patients to finally follow their dreams and achieve the smile they’ve always wanted!
- 7. Professional instructions: Initial intraoral photos will remind both you and us where you began when you first came in to see our dentist. These picutures will help all of us over the years see any changes to your smile that need to be addressed. Also, if you have an accident that results in damage to your teeth, we can look at older photos to see how the teeth used to look in order to help us provide natural-looking restorative treatment.