We want your holiday season to start off right this year. In order to ensure a spectacular holiday season and many more in the future, it is important to set forth a cavity prevention plan to keep your smile safe from the dangers of tooth decay and dental erosion. To help prevent cavities, consider the following:
– Try to ensure you’re eating a healthy diet that is complete with clean foods and low in sugar.
– Schedule visits with your dentist for professional cleanings, oral examinations, and routine check-ups to determine if any damage or plaque buildup is present.
– Avoid overly sticky or chewy foods that can linger in your mouth long after consumption. Any food left over on your teeth and gums can significantly increase the rate at which tooth decay and cavities can occur.
– Make sure to brush your teeth twice daily with toothpaste that prevents cavities.
– Clean between your teeth daily with an adequate floss or interdental cleaner such as a water flosser.
– Be sure to use an acceptable mouthwash product that is effective at neutralizing harmful acids and good for rinsing away bacteria and plaque.
– Try using chewing gum after meals, as it has been shown to produce enough saliva to help prevent cavities.
For any further questions or concerns about cavities, Davidson Cosmetic & Family Dentistry is here to help. For oral health care treatments, we can offer a comprehensive diagnosis from Dr. Michael B. Wilhite and our team at our dentist office in Davidson, North Carolina. To schedule an appointment, call us at 704.987.2277.