What Is Concierge Dentistry?
Concierge dentistry is a patient-focused philosophy that allows dentists to deliver high-quality services in a comfortable and relaxing environment. Dentists can have more time to focus on each patient and provide personalized care to their specific needs that patients do not usually find in a typical dental office. Concierge dentistry is all about skipping the corporate structure to provide quality, customized dental care. With this service comes an experience that is sure to exceed expectations. It is about being committed to patient care and quality materials at a fair price, which means happier and healthier patients.
Why Do We Offer Concierge Services?
Dr. Michael Wilhite of Davidson Cosmetic & Family Dentistry specializes as a solo concierge dentist. After more than 20 years of practicing general and cosmetic dentistry, he understands that patients deserve and prefer a comprehensive approach. Dr. Mike gives each patient a detailed personal consultation and outlines their treatment plan.
More professionals need time-sensitive, comprehensive services. Utilizing this specialized service level allows more work to be done in fewer visits. Davidson Cosmetic & Family Dentistry is designed for the person who prefers a private, spa-like atmosphere and no-waiting extended appointment times. Every patient is considered a VIP and given optimal dental care designed for them.
“All of our recommendations are centered on the most beneficial treatments for a patient’s situation. We want to provide the best care possible. We do not want to ever compromise the level of care we can offer. Most insurance companies place restrictions and limitations on the treatments that can be done. The care and support you need should not be dictated by insurance, restrictions or promotional partnerships. It should always be based on delivering the kind of care that will improve your dental and overall health. We are able to provide a higher level of dental care than may be possible in traditional insurance-driven offices or corporate settings,” says Dr. Mike.
Concierge dentistry allows Dr. Mike to work on regions of the mouth and complete the necessary treatment, often in a single visit, while creating a beautiful, healthy smile. He and his team are completely focused on the work at hand, delivering a high level of quality and detailed results without the distractions of high patient volume.
Davidson Cosmetic & Family Dentistry is proud to be a full-service concierge dental office that always puts patients first. Dr. Michael Wilhite and his team provide a range of family and cosmetic dentistry services. Dr. Mike says, “We are a full-service office that includes treatment such as preventive dentistry, full-mouth reconstruction, sedation dentistry (IV, oral and nitrous oxide), orthodontic treatments, teeth whitening, veneers, cosmetic dentures, TMJ disorder treatment, occlusal guards, implants and tooth-colored fillings.”
Concierge Dentistry Vs. Corporate Landscape
Concierge dentistry is often compared to corporate dentistry (sometimes called a managed group practice), which is not quite an apples-to-oranges kind of thing. The opposite of the corporate dentist would technically be the independent dentist, and being independent does not automatically mean that you can deliver concierge level services. For that, you must go a step further.
Still, if you understand the nature of corporate dental practices, this will help make it clear how concierge services are different.
Corporate dentistry, by its very definition, must prioritize profitability and the highest monetary returns possible. They are working within a structure that requires this kind of focus. Unfortunately, this could lead to several potential problems that concierge dentists can avoid.
For example, it is possible that a corporate dentist may recommend treatments and services that are not in the best interest of the patient. Profit-based models may also get in the way of providing the highest-quality care or customized treatments. They may be dealing with things like sponsorships that tie them to specific products or specialists, which could also encourage them to recommend expensive or unnecessary treatments and use inferior materials. When you choose sales over the best service possible, it can lead to problems.
Despite these potential issues, there has been a pretty big shift toward the corporate model because the larger size gives more negotiating power with vendors, suppliers and even other dentists. However, if this means that patients are not getting the care they need, then perhaps it is time to look at something in an office that goes beyond a familiar corporate logo.
So, what are the benefits of choosing our office for your dental needs?
When you choose Dr. Mike as your dentist, you will quickly see the unique difference in his approach to both his patients and the science of dentistry. There is a reason the International Association of Dentists (IAD) recognizes Dr. Michael Wilhite as a leading physician of the world and top family and cosmetic dentist in North Carolina.
Dr. Mike brings about a superlative cosmetic dental result, but it is his attitude and an unmatched professional approach that makes the resulting treatment truly exceptional. He uses his extensive training and experience to treat even the most challenging dental situations, performing all treatment in the same office.
What you get from concierge dentistry:
- All-day 24/7 access to the doctor for existing patients. We do not just rely on answering services or machines. Dr. Mike or his personal assistant will work with you, especially in emergency situations, to make sure you get the help you need.
- A comfortable environment where you can take advantage of Bose noise-canceling earphones, Pandora, Netflix, overhead TVs, comfortable Tempur-Pedic chairs, neck pillows, warm towels, soft plush blankets and aromatherapy to help you relax.
- Minimally invasive treatments that use our high-power loops and intra-oral camera with magnification.
- Digital imaging, which provides 75% to 95% less radiation than traditional X-rays for patients.
- Warm, personalized care. Dr. Mike treats all his patients as if they were family. “The relationships we have built over the years are very important to us, and we have been treating many patients for decades.”
- A focus on providing exceptional patient-oriented care. Our treatment recommendations are not based on what an insurance provider wants or allows.
- A doctor who is not financially obligated to one specialist, so we can always refer you to the best person who can take care of your problem.
- A friendly and knowledgeable team that provides this higher level of dental care.
- Free home bleaching every year after a one-time purchase of custom bleaching trays. (Two cleanings per year required.)
- A highly trained team that can help handle any insurance questions. We can also complete and send your claim electronically to help you get your benefit quickly.
- Patient-friendly, six-month free financing or extended payments with fair rates, as determined by CareCredit.
Whether you have received dental treatment before or are looking to resolve a dental situation for the first time, Dr. Mike will be crafting an individualized plan based on the unique elements of your treatment.
If you want to experience concierge dentistry in Davidson, North Carolina, for yourself, be sure to contact us at 704-987-2277 to learn more.